Welcome to the home of the State College Warriors!
State College Warriors Lacrosse is a non-profit organization established for the purpose of:
- Fostering the development of the sport of lacrosse for girls and boys, youth, young adults and student athletes in and around Centre County Pennsylvania.
- The promotion of the game by forming and establishing youth teams and team competition.
- Playing local, state wide and Northeast/Mid Atlantic regional lacrosse talent.
- To eventually help establish a “hot bed” for separate women and men’s PIAA sanctioned high school lacrosse teams in all of Centre County Pennsylvania.
- Promote the love of lacrosse and help other lacrosse groups/teams do the same.
- Provide guidance and support for student athletes who seek to play at a collegiate level.
- Using the game of lacrosse to foster solid positive core values, the team concept and sportsmanship with the prime directive being to develop better citizens for our nation.
OUR PHILOSOPHY: “Learn Lacrosse Effectively. Love Lacrosse More. Play Lacrosse Longer.”
OUR APPROACH: We will follow the US LACROSSE AGE DEVELOPMENT MODEL FOR AGE APPROPRIATE PRACTICES so that our players develop their skills, knowledge, and love for the game in a fun and competitive environment.
Our practice plans and schedule will follow US Lacrosse recommendations with respect to duration, frequency, and activities. Therefore, our players will have the opportunity to “learn lacrosse in a way that is physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially appropriate for their age. We believe this increases both the learning and fun for young athletes.”
OUR COACHES: Many of our coaches have years—and even decades of playing and/or coaching experience—and we are committed to sharing our knowledge and love of the game. We also have at least one Level 1 US Lacrosse Certified Lacrosse Coach at each level, so your players are working with the best in the area.